Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lots of time accomplishing not a lot

So I have been on Second Life for the last hour working on my house, and I feel like I haven't accomplished a whole lot. I added stairs and a second floor.


At first I tried to build the stairs myself, but I was getting too frustrated, so I just bought some from the Second Life Marketplace.

I've also been trying to upload some images into my 2L inventory but 2L keeps crashing every time I try. I am at a coffee shop right now (in real life), so i'll have to try that at home I guess.

Speaking of coffeeshops, this isn't related to our project, but I was wondering if you guys would like to attend/participate in a real life event called "Create for the Silent" that me and a group from my church are putting on. The purpose is to raise money to help end human trafficking as well as to connect with our community. You guys are apart of my community so I want to invite you. Here is the flyer with more info (click on it to make it bigger):
Let me know if you are interested in coming to this! It'll be fun.

And to close, here is a picture of Ms. Swizzle in her new sweet glasses

3 comments:

  1. Your stairs are cool. It that water coming down the stairs like a waterfall? Very pretty. Or did Laurelie forget to turn off the water in the bath tub?

    I've come to notice that "not a lot of time" in SL in actually "quite a bit of time" in RL because I get so caught up in what I'm doing, where I'm going and who I'm meeting that time just seems to slip away. I tend to get totally immersed in it. I'm meeting some really nice people. I may have to bite the bullet and upgrade to a paying membership soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glasses! Did you make them? You could start making fashion stuff/accessories and sell them to finance your SL art! Like a real artist with a day job. Cause Laurelie IS a real artist after all. I think that might be the ART of your art project. Just like you were saying documenting your time in SL learning could be your art. Well, maybe creating Laurelie as an artist is your "PRODUCT". She's real. She's an artist. And your creating her is art. I don't know. If someone already said this, sorry. I have some catching up to do with reading your posts.

    I wish I could make it to that event. I have a commitment that night. But it is definitely something I would be interested in attending. It sounds like it will be really nice. I will give you a donation to pass on for me, OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't not make those glasses- i have not gotten that far in my SL abilities.

    But yeah, she kind of is my product, and the things I am putting in my house (the screenshots) are documents of her coming into being, as well as art in themselves. It's all art! Ah!

    And thanks. Wish you could come too but appreciate the donation and well wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete