Thursday, November 4, 2010

Construction

First of all, Laurelie got some new hair, so that she looked less like me.

We also have been working hard on the interior of her house. Here is something we put up this morning


It is images of Laurelie hanging out in the cool fall world. When an avatar clicks on "teleport" he/she get's the landmark to that world so they can go there to.

((Okay, my cat just farted really loudly . . . that's a first . . ))

So how do you guys feel about that? --> Putting up snapshots of her in specific places and sharing the landmark.

I also want to put up some cool seating and furniture. As you see I procured some rugs.

I think Sheila gave me this idea last night--when I give my presentation next Monday, I'll take my avatar around my house. I was thinking perhaps you guys' avatars could be present, sitting around my place as I walk around. Like, moral support, you know? (don't worry, I'll provide the chairs :))

5 comments:

  1. I think taking photos (snapshots) and hanging them on the wall is a great idea. I also like the idea of sharing the transport links, but unless your house is going to be a "public" space where anyone can come and go, I'm not sure you need to hassle with them, unless it is for your own ease to travel to your favorite places and back.

    Bela will gladly come and sit on your furniture and offer moral support. Do you have pose balls on your furniture so that we "fidget" or will we be "static" like mannequins? Either way is fine with me I'm just curious.

    By the way, the random cat comment had me LOL and spraying iced tea all over my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come to your SL party! Thanks for the invitation. Are you asking me how I feel about the cat fart or about the picture gallery? J/K.

    I think it's a great idea. Kind of like a tour of SL but in a gallery that has been curated by Laurelie. It sounds like she would be a tour guide and an artist, her art is her exploration of the virtual worlds in SL, and she demonstrates it by facilitating exploration for others or something...

    P.S. love the hair. She looks just like Jem!!! Are you too young for that reference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am too young for that reference Allison.

    And Bela, I am not sure how to make different seating options. I'll Google it. Whoa, I mean Sheila, not Bela. Or both?

    I don't necessary want all Second Life in my house, but I will let the class know that they are welcome to come and use the teleport options in my house.

    Thanks for your feedback! And glad you enjoyed my cat's farting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bela's good. I call Sojung Soki and you Laurellei.

    My family calls me Bela so I'll actually answer to it in real life. In fact, you may here it on the video.

    I've been working on it all day. It's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am pondering process... loving the fact that i kinda got to watch it unfold for you all. enjoying the products even more too. this is fab work you fab four...

    ReplyDelete